Sunday, February 10, 2013

Shoes that fit!!!!!

Pointer Sisters "I'm So Excited"
Soundtrack to my delight at a PAYLESS SHOE SOURCE in Myeongdong. Turns out the company is expanding the brand to Asia and we're getting 6 locations in Korea!!! No idea where the other locations are, but I'm sure they'll pop up soon enough. This location's only been open 2 months. 

It was fantastic boots/heels/sneakers with Western sizes as far as the eye could see (3 floors)! The boots were also on sale. I even bought a couple pairs of boots for the bestie. 

The employees were super nice, helpful and had a fair amount of English ability. Plus, WESTERN SIZES. I now have cute boots that actually fit. No more squeezing into size 8 anymore!

Directions: Look left when walking down the main road out exit 6. Should be the second street. 


So Myeongdong is increasingly becoming my favourite area. It's a western shopping mecca. 2 H&Ms, Zara, Uniqlo and Forever 21. Unfortunately, the M Plaza that houses 21 and Zara was undergoing construction, so it was closed. 

I got there pretty late so I went in search of food. I wasn't in the mood for Korean anything so I walked around and around. I ended up in the Noon Square mall for some eats. I ended up on the 6th floor at Smokey Saloon. The burger was amazing, real cheese and actual bacon! The onion rings were a little greasy, but overall delicious and great for sharing. Turns out there's several other locations: Itaewon and Gangnam. 


Side Bar: I headed straight to Myeongdong after my work meet and greet. I took the long way and it took 75 minutes. That included waiting time, so I think I'm in a good position to venture into Seoul at a reasonable time. Next up: Project Eggs Benedict.


*UPDATE
Payless is GONE. I was soooo sad when I found out. It's something not related to shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment